Adapting e-Learning for children and teenagers
The future has arrived. Children are no longer studying with books, but with tablets. One of the most important keys to the functioning of our society revolves around the internet. What does this mean? Complete communication with almost no limits. The screen is capable of transmitting any sensation or emotion. Of course, this new way of understanding the world involves all sectors. This is where education comes in, as LMS platforms are the present for the professional training of young people. How to make this new teaching method as effective as possible? Read on and say hello to progress!
Digital natives are on the rise
You've often heard that "today's kids" come with an in-built chips. Their ability to master technology is innate to the so-called digital natives. The field of education is at the centre of this revolution, as the inclusion of different technological tools enables the creation of multi-task learning environments. Here are some pedagogical basics and resources on how to use e-Learning with young people.
- Meaningful learning. The student should be at the centre of the educational process. This teaching model occurs when the student builds their own knowledge and establishes relationships between the concepts obtained with pre-existing conceptual structures. In other words, they build on previously acquired knowledge. Meaningful learning must be related to these instructions with everyday life situations.
- Build motivation through recreational activities. One of the main tasks of any e-Learning strategy focused on young students is to make use of tools that capture their attention. This will lead to more in-depth and long-lasting learning, as education is mixed with entertainment. Learning will be fun!
- The role of the student and the teacher. The student will adopt a more critical and autonomous position. It is necessary for them to strengthen their abilities to research information, process it and evaluate it in order to convert it into knowledge. On the other hand, the teacher must serve as a guide for the student to face a new way of learning through different methods and techniques. They must be continuously trained in the use of ICT.
- Contributions of ICT in the classroom. They create autonomy and encourage collaborative use among students. Interaction with technology not only improves motor skills, but also helps to develop content systematically and facilitates the understanding of concepts. In short, almost everything! Anyone can stimulate new learning and stimulate communication...
- Multimedia and animations for children. The designing of e-learning for children should make intensive (but rational) use of multimedia tools. They create lasting impressions in the minds of the children and encourage more meaningful learning.
The constant increase of knowledge in any discipline, sooner or later, leads to permanent educational needs. Something that can only be met through innovative educational strategies. Dive into LMS platforms - your children will thank you for it!