Online classes where you can attend a conference and interact when it is over are becoming increasingly common, both in the academic world and in the business world. Networking has become one of the main pillars of webinars. Do you know exactly what is a webinar and how does it work? We explain it to you below.
What is a webinar?
A webinar is one of these new words that technology has brought back into our vocabulary to define a mix between seminar and web. In other words, a webinar is an ordinary seminar, but given online.
To put it more precisely, we could say that it is a type of conference, workshop or seminar that is given on an online platform via the Internet. Its main characteristic is the interactivity that takes place between the participants and the speaker, an essential requirement, since if there were no interaction, it would be a webcast.
What are its features?
Now you know what is a webinar, but these are also known as seminars or online classes, are given in real time, on a specific day and date. In its development, and as in any face-to-face event, the speaker is talking live to the audience and attendees can ask questions or comment when it is their turn. They have an open microphone or can even listen to what others are saying if they do not want to participate at any time.
So, how does a webinar work? To participate, you can do so from any computer connected to the Internet and on which the specific software has been loaded and/or a password has been entered that allows you to connect to the speaker’s application.
What is the purpose of a webinar?
The usefulness of a webinar is the same as that of a seminar: to receive information on a subject and to be able to ask questions and debate afterwards about what has been presented. However, webinars have proven to be very useful for networking, for example, in many sectors, as well as a forum for sharing files or documents.
Due to their versatility, webinars have been introduced in the academic world, and many students use them to attend classes or workshops without having to be present, or even to listen to them afterwards in order to access the information.
Many companies, for their part, are using it to segment content and offer it both to their own employees and to conduct online training online.
How to promote a webinar?
- Create a hashtag. There is no doubt, it is one of the most used resources when it comes to promotion. Make a short, simple one that has a catchy theme for each webinar or a common one for all of them.
- Guest post. Browse through different blogs and, among the most relevant ones, publish the link to your webinar. Obviously, we would recommend you choose pages that will allow you to attract potential clients later on.
- Newsletters. If you have a list of subscribers, we would recommend sending them a link to your webinar. Spam above all!
- The importance of social media. If there are any platforms today that attract a considerable number of people, it is social networks. Therefore, you have to take advantage of their reach by publishing your links on each of them. Be dynamic and don’t always share your products in the same way. An example of this is to change the headers.
- LinkedIn groups. OK, it is also a social network, but it deserves to stand out from the others because its groups are very active and can help you to generate quality traffic.
- Through your email signature: Have you ever stopped to think about all the emails you send every day? When writing an email, it is very common to include contact and interest data about the sender. Therefore, we would recommend including a link to your webinar or a call to action.
- Mentions in your blog. Create posts promoting the advantages of your products. Here you will have total freedom to express yourself, but don’t forget to create expectations and interest.
- Advertising. Now that you already have all the free alternatives, we will add a paid option in which, by investing a small amount of money, you will be able to reach more people through Google Adwords or Facebook Ads.
You already know whats is a webinar and how to promote your webinar to reach the maximum number of people. So now it’s time to get down to work. Follow our recommendations and you will see how your audience will become bigger and bigger and the success of your courses is guaranteed!