What is an e-learning platform or LMS?
An e-learning platform or LMS is a technical tool that allows providing training without the need for teachers and students to be in the same place at the same time. The e-learning platform can be used to provide online as well as blended training as support of the traditional face-to-face model.
The advantages of choosing the best e-learning platform to provide online or blended training are many due to the virtues of the online training model itself, which differentiate it from the face-to-face model.
That explains the ongoing use of e-learning and online training platforms for companies and training centres.
Among the characteristics of e-learning platforms, there are some basic actions that stand out:
- Content creation: You can create content for your courses or use content already developed in different formats.
- Enrollment: Register and allow access to particular type of content to students.
- Communication: Various tools that will allow you to communicate with the student, both synchronously and asynchronously. It also allows students to communicate with each other.
- Evaluation: The LMS platform must have mechanisms that allow you to evaluate the students to check if they have acquired the knowledge that is intended to convey.
- Follow-up: A good e-learning platform will allow you to keep track of those students who show difficulties in their training process. In this sense, new technologies such as machine learning can help detect students who need support early on.
- Analysis: Generate all kinds of reports and statistics of the training and groups of students that you have in your LMS. Essential to improve and detect problems in your training process.